Monday, July 15, 2013

Update - height and weight? We have none.

Things have been chugging along, mostly at status quo, for a while now.  Daycare has been an adjustment for all of us, but he's fallen in love with his teachers (one of them in particular - you should see him blush when he hears her name!) and has started joining in with the other children while they play.  He's even made a best school friend, Anderson - another quiet, gentle soul like Aidan.  I have his class picture on my phone, and Aidan loves to zoom it in to Anderson's face and say "It's Essin!  Friend!"

My heart couldn't be happier.

I did take him to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for a growth check, and the results were underwhelming, as usual.  I'm pretty baffled - he is fed 18 hours per day, his diet is absolutely nutritionally complete, and he's not throwing any of it up.  How isn't he growing?!  We have a followup with Endocrinology on the 24th but I'm not confident that they will do much since they really brushed off our concerns before.  It's so easy to forget when you see him every day, but when I see him next to the other little boys his age, it's obvious.  He's so tiny.  At 2 1/2, he still has plenty of room in his 18m sized clothes.  If he didn't wear such fluffy cloth diapers, he'd probably still be in 12m clothes.  At the time of this posting, he's 2 years, 6.5 months old and he weighs 24lb 9oz.

I love him to little tiny bits and pieces, whether he's 4'6" or 6'4" - but I'm desperate to know what else I can do to help him reach his potential.  I just want to know that we're doing everything we can for him.  He deserves everything we can do and so much more...

We had a little bit of drama last week after a particularly traumatic tube change - but we'll get to that later.  I also have news to report on the food trial front - if you use the word "food" very loosely.  For now, here's little man doing what he does best - trying to look so cute that no one remembers he's a zillion years too old for a pacifier.

You can't possibly take away this binky.  I'm only 3 months old. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everyone is doing well! If it makes you feel any better, I bought Henry 2T shorts for the summer (b/c you know, hes 2.5 now) but they were way too big! So then I had to re-order some that were 18-24 months and they fit just fine. I know you are doing the best you can with what the doctor's tell you, and Aidan always looks so happy, you are DEFINITELY doing it right! Keep going, mama!

    ReplyDelete